[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Music Festival

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:56:04 PDT 2011

Hello, Jimmy,
Aren't you overreacting?
I have had lots of disagreements with Steve, who thinks that I "live
in denial" just because I refuse to acknowledge that noise is music
(and "noise" is the best I can say of what pople like Coltrane and his
followers purport to "play").
Still, there will probably be enough in Sacramento for the trad jazz
fans; I have not read the lineup, as I have no chance of attending.
But, if people decide not to go because it has ceased being "Dixieland
Jubilee," or even "Jazz Festival," the number of trad bands invited
will gradually diminish.
Cheers (going to have some good brew now)