[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Music Festival

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Wed Aug 24 11:43:43 PDT 2011

G Barbone wrote:

> I can only chide those few one eyed fans who will not show
> up because there isn't enough of the music they want to hear.

Thus, you think I should attend festivals that offer music I DON'T want to
hear?

I choose to spend my "festival attendance" budget, such as it is, at
festivals that offer more trad jazz, not less. Travel & lodging costs are a
factor also, and the elimination of RV parking at Sacramento plays into this
decision as well. Last year we also attended one festival for one day rather
than three due to a steep increase in the admission fees.

After I win the Lottery I'm gonna attend them all ...

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA