[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Festival Name Change

Scott Kaufman scottiek44 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:33:10 PDT 2011

I guess I fail to understand why the name change is big deal to existing
fans of the event. The Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society is committed to
bringing in Traditional Jazz bands to event so is a new name going to change
things for those of us who enjoy Traditional Jazz.

If the name change helps bring more people to the event and exposes them to
the music we love then it's a win for Traditional Jazz. If the event makes
money and that money is used to promote and educate the public about
Traditional Jazz then again, it's a win for Traditional Jazz.

We as artists and fans are Traditional Jazz. If Traditional Jazz wins...we
win.

Scott Kaufman