[Dixielandjazz] Fiddler

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Tue Aug 23 01:10:44 PDT 2011

Claude Williams, who started off as the Basie band's guitarist before Freddie Greene arrived, played an excellent series of recitals in England
with Al Casey, the guitar player, back in the Sixties. Ralph Sutton was on the same bill. They let me set up a reel to reel to record one of their
concerts, but, sadly, the tape wows. It's deteriorated over these years. But he was a most attractive jazz violinist who's constantly
overlooked.

Steve Voce