[Dixielandjazz] Oh Yeah Day - playing for young audience

Tito Martino titomartino at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:59:24 PDT 2011

Hi Jim

...   "if the goal is to develop a younger audience for classic jazz, then
look for opportunities to present the music in a social environment that
appeals to the age group"  you're right.
 ..."I strongly suspect that for many, if not the majority of people, music
is simply the soundtrack that accompanies primarily social events" right
again. Here I use to make
a remark in the written folder-program distributed to the public :(free
translation , sorry my bad English)  "Traditional Jazz is entertainment yes,
is diversion, but is also a cultural treasury containing history, anecdotes,
spirituality, emotion, joy, sadness, melancholy, poetry, paradoxes and hard
reality; here we are trying to share this treasure with you ". "Traditional
Jazz can be nourishment for our souls".
Some people get the image.

And about inviting young players to the stage, good idea, I'll try that, but
never at the last number, it can damage the whole Show...

cheers

Tito