[Dixielandjazz] Joe Muranyi

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 05:23:39 PDT 2011

Hi,
I've just watched a videocassette of Joe Muranyi with a Hungarian
band.  Muranyi made the announcements - in Hungarian!  Perhaps the
Hungarian can hear a foreign accent in his Hungarian, but to me he
sounded so Hungarian that I had tp check his birth place!
Music was very good.  It seems that Hungary is quite a jazz country.
While its best known band is the BEnko Dixieland Band, there are quite
a few more, Tamas' excellent group among them.  I have a very good LP
by someone whose surname is Molnar (can;t recall the first name, and
haven't right now the time to look it up).
Cheers