[Dixielandjazz] Duke Ellington at the Paramount Theatre

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:37:14 PDT 2011

Fifty-five cents indeed............I don't think you'd be able to see an act
today anywhere comparable to Duke for even $55.

But then again, what were people paying for a gallon of gas in 1948?

I can't remember every paying that little but I do remember seeing Martin &
Lewis at the Paramount in maybe 1954 for no more than a buck...and by
coincidence, I remember the Four Step Brothers opened for them

TIdes
HC.

--
Sex, politics, religion or a bottle of Jack Daniel's
Whatever gets you through the night, baby