[Dixielandjazz] Sacking

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Tue Apr 19 18:25:17 PDT 2011

> ..........Jack Parkes was actually sacked from the Riverside JB that he
> formed, but he was quite happy for Keith Hounslow (briefly) and Ian Burns
> to take over as leaders.

Dear Jack,
Trust me to muck that one up.
Must be something to be with getting old.
I've always thought that it was the Port Jackson Jazz Band and that Johnny
Rich replaced Jack Parkes.
I should have checked your book.
Kind regards,
Bill.=

Dear Bill,

You didn't muck it up - JP was deposed from the PJJB and was replaced by
Johnny Rich, he then formed the Riverside JB and wasn't worried about giving
others the leadership of that band.

Just because you're now eighty doesn't mean that you've lost all your
marbles. I hope.

Best wishes
Jack