[Dixielandjazz] From another email List

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Apr 15 12:52:20 PDT 2011

Harry Callaghan wrote:

> Back when I lived up there, my favorite NYC record shop was Colony at
> Broadway and 52nd.  I don't remember what time they opened but I do know
> that they didn't close until 400am.   It was at the time the one place to go
> to find something that you couldn't elsewhere.
(snip)

When I lived in Los Angeles I had a 3-hour weekly Jazz radio show.  There was a used record store in the Northridge area.  Seems as if it may have been named Briggs.  I used to find a lot of gems there and the prices weren't bad.

One day while doing my show, Marlon Brando called and wanted to know where he could buy the type of music I was playing on my show.  I didn't dare tell him about my used record store.  I was afraid he'd go in there and buy everything up.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

Paddy says "Mick, I'm thinking of buying a German Shepherd."
"Are you crazy," says Mick, "Have you seen how many of their owners go blind?"