[Dixielandjazz] From another email List

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:40:06 PDT 2011

Back when I lived up there, my favorite NYC record shop was Colony at
Broadway and 52nd.  I don't remember what time they opened but I do know
that they didn't close until 400am.   It was at the time the one place to go
to find something that you couldn't elsewhere........but there was one
catch.......everything was sold at list price.

I would imagine that sometime between 1975 and the present, they would have
been forced to offer discount prices in order to survive.

Perhaps someone reading this can tell me if that is the case or
not..........if indeed the store is even still there.

I remember it was owned by a guy named Nappy who had another much smaller
store called Tin Pan Alley on 7th Avenue, possibly somewhere in the
neighborhood of 47th-49th street?

Tides
.HC

--
Sex, politics, religion or a bottle of Jack Daniel's
Whatever gets you through the night, baby