[Dixielandjazz] New Jazz Venue in NYC

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:01:56 PDT 2011

Seems to be much more than when I was there in 1996.  In 1993 there
was the West End Cafe, which featured black swing musicians (George
Kelly, Irvin Stokes, etc.).
The best was 1980, when both the New Eddie Condon's and Jimmy Ryan's
were still operating.

I guess that demand creates supply, so OKOM must be on the upsurge.
Apparently, the same thing is happening here.  Although the two older
bands - The Isradixie Band and Good Time Jazz - do not appear too
often, the two younger bands - Swing de Gitanes and New Orleans
Function - seem to be ubiquitous.  And there is Dr. Jazz in Jerusalem.
Cheers