[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Sancton

Nita Hemeter nhemeter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:53:36 PDT 2011

Hello All,

     Thought you might enjoy this you tube.

XO

Nita Hemeter
New Orleans Trad Jazz Camp for Adults

Preservation Hall presents"Song For My Fathers"
A Multimedia Stage Production of Tom Sancton's acclaimed memoir at Le
Chat Noir in New Orleans

In continuing celebration of their Golden Anniversary, Preservation
Hall will present five nights of the unique multimedia stage
production based on Tom Sancton’s widely acclaimed memoir, Song For
My Fathers: A New Orleans Story in Black and White, at New Orleans' Le
Chat Noir on May 13-15 and May 21-22.  Directed by Ron Rona (The New
Orleans Bingo! Show) and produced by Preservation Hall Creative
Director Ben Jaffe,Song For My Fathers features live readings by
Sancton, historic video and photography and live musical interludes
featuring The Preservation Hall All-Star band.  Song For My Fathers is
an insider’s account of a special moment in New Orleans cultural
history: the so-called revival of traditional jazz, the phoenix-like
return from the ashes of the old players and their music, spearheaded
by the founding of Preservation Hall in 1961. Published in 2006, the
book was hailed as a “newly minted classic” by the Times-Picayune
and was selected by Tulane University for the school’s Fall Reading
Project that same year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_si5OXylZs&feature=player_embedded#at=236