[Dixielandjazz] Bob Wilber & Bourbon Street Band instrumentation.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:11:37 PDT 2011

The 4 piece version of Dixieland ( sometimes clarinet with  a cornet
or a trumpet, or guitar/banjo and double bass/tuba) seems quite
popular in the UK.  Actually, one of my personal favourites is the
Edinburgh Diplomats of Jazz, although Jim Petri, the leader, migh have
reservations as to the Dixieland tag.
A very interesting group of tis kind is th Dutch Jazz-O-Matic Four,
which features bass saxophone rather than brass bass.
Cheers