[Dixielandjazz] Notes From Bria

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Apr 4 10:15:16 PDT 2011

If you are any where near any of her performances, be sure to catch her.  She is really coming up in the Jazz world.  Moved to NY and making a name for herself.

********

Hi everyone!
It's officially Spring. In the spirit of James Brown, it's time to get up  *GET ON
UP*
 and get on out!  Here is my upcoming month of performances at a glance that I hope
you can get on up and into if possible.
*YOW!*
**Monday April 4th @ Symphony Space 2537 Broadway**
I'm hosting an All star cast concert presented by the Sidney Bechet Society of NY.
The line up includes a legendary rhythm section of
Bucky Pizzarelli on guitar, Jackie Williams on drums, Jerry Bruno
 on bass, and Fats Waller afficionado
Pete Sokolow
 on piano.  In the front line we're featuring multi-instrumentalist genius
Scott Robinson, the incredibly talented and likeable Jim Fryer
 on trombone and vocals, and my good friend from Canada
 Evan Arntzen
 will be playing reeds too.  I'm very excited to be a part of it!  and a little nervous.
but mostly excited.
Tickets are available here:
http://www.symphonyspace.org/event/6672-hot-jazz-starring-trumpet-sensation-bria-skonberg
Thank-you Will Friedwald for the write-up in the Wall Street Journal:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576234923926338478.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
April 8/9: Hawkeye Swing Festival, Iowa City Iowa
Shakin' it out in Iowa!!  Friday night I'll be playing with Jayna Morgan's Sazerac
Sunrise band from New Orleans, and I'll be leading a six piece Saturday night band
also featuring my good friend Solomon Douglas on piano.  You already know that dance
instructor Mike Faltesek has good time and rhythm, and he'll be showing it off by
playing guitar with the group :)    www.hawkeyeswingfest.com/
April 15: Pinkerton Wine Bar, Brooklyn. Baby Soda Jazz Band 9:30-12:00
I love this place and band; So will you. www.myspace.com/babysodaband
April 16: DCLX Lindy Exchange,  Washington DC. Glenn Crytzer Big Band
TWO big bands battle it out on the Saturday night of this epic 10th anniversary weekend.
Come watch us trade some fun with the Jonathan Stout Orchestra!
http://dclx.net/
April 20: Louis Armstrong Centennial Band @ Birdland 5:30-7:15
New York's friendliest jazz club hosts the 11 year weekly band led by Dave Ostwald.
10 DOLLARS!
www.birdlandjazz.com/
April 22: Pinkerton Wine Bar, Baby Soda Jazz Band 9:30-12:00
April 24: First Baptist Church of Crown Heights 10am-1:00pm
Easter Celebration in the heart of our neighborhood. http://www.facebook.com/FBCCHMMM
I had three New Years Resolutions - To eat and use more natural products (CHECK!)
run a half marathon (CHECK!)  and record a CD of mostly original material.  I've
been working hard and will be recording at the end of this month; Stay tuned for
more info on that :D
Thank-you for your time and attention. Enjoy!!
Bria
www.briaskonberg.com
unsubscribe from this list

update subscription preferences