[Dixielandjazz] A FEW WORDS FROM BRIA SKONBERG

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:35:53 PDT 2011

                       Hi everyone!

                       It's officially Spring. In the spirit of James Brown,
it's time to get up  *GET ON UP* and get on out!  Here is my upcoming month
of performances at a glance that I hope you can get on up and into if
possible.

                       *YOW!*

                       **Monday April 4th @ Symphony Space 2537 Broadway**

                       I'm hosting an All star cast concert presented by the
Sidney Bechet Society of NY.  The line up includes a legendary rhythm
section of Bucky Pizzarelli on guitar, Jackie Williams on drums, Jerry Bruno
on bass, and Fats Waller afficionado Pete Sokolow on piano.  In the front
line we're featuring multi-instrumentalist genius Scott Robinson, the
incredibly talented and likeable Jim Fryer on trombone and vocals, and my
good friend from Canada Evan Arntzen will be playing reeds too.  I'm very
excited to be a part of it!  and a little nervous. but mostly excited.

                       Tickets are available here:

http://www.symphonyspace.org/event/6672-hot-jazz-starring-trumpet-sensation-bria-skonberg

                       Thank-you Will Friedwald for the write-up in the Wall
Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576234923926338478.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

                       April 8/9: Hawkeye Swing Festival, Iowa City Iowa

                       Shakin' it out in Iowa!!  Friday night I'll be
playing with Jayna Morgan's Sazerac Sunrise band from New Orleans, and I'll
be leading a six piece Saturday night band also featuring my good friend
Solomon Douglas on piano.  You already know that dance instructor Mike
Faltesek has good time and rhythm, and he'll be showing it off by playing
guitar with the group :)    www.hawkeyeswingfest.com/

                       April 15: Pinkerton Wine Bar, Brooklyn. Baby Soda
Jazz Band 9:30-12:00

                       I love this place and band; So will you.
www.myspace.com/babysodaband

                       April 16: DCLX Lindy Exchange,  Washington DC. Glenn
Crytzer Big Band

                       TWO big bands battle it out on the Saturday night of
this epic 10th anniversary weekend. Come watch us trade some fun with the
Jonathan Stout Orchestra!

                       http://dclx.net/

                       April 20: Louis Armstrong Centennial Band @ Birdland
5:30-7:15

                       New York's friendliest jazz club hosts the 11 year
weekly band led by Dave Ostwald. 10 DOLLARS!

                       www.birdlandjazz.com/

                       April 22: Pinkerton Wine Bar, Baby Soda Jazz Band
9:30-12:00

                       April 24: First Baptist Church of Crown Heights
10am-1:00pm

                       Easter Celebration in the heart of our neighborhood.
http://www.facebook.com/FBCCHMMM

                       I had three New Years Resolutions - To eat and use
more natural products (CHECK!)  run a half marathon (CHECK!)  and record a
CD of mostly original material.  I've been working hard and will be
recording at the end of this month; Stay tuned for more info on that :D

                       Thank-you for your time and attention. Enjoy!!

                       Bria

                     www.briaskonberg.com

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?