[Dixielandjazz] Bee Video

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Apr 3 15:05:44 PDT 2011

Listmates,

Norm Gary is a clarinetist and one of the world's foremost experts on bees.  For many years he was a professor at UC Davis near Sacramento CA.  He often does Bee Wrangling for movies and TV shows.

In the movie and TV industry, the title of anyone who handles animals is a Wrangler.

Norm is able to make bees do things, follow directions that is amazing.

You may have seen him on the Tonight Show, or on many other TV shows.

Here is a note and video from Norm.

*******

Thought you might get a kick out of seeing this two-minute video.  This is a clip
of my THRILLER BEE SHOW that I performed for about 10 years in the western states
at fairs, festivals, schools, and other public celebrations.  I also performed it
on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (just before he retired) and again with Jay
Leno.   I had a glass-enclosed stage on a flatbed trailer.  The performance in the
link below took place in Greece.Please turn up your sound.

If the link doesn't open
when you click on it, just select, copy, and paste it into your browser.  At the
outset there will be a very brief, possibly annoying commercial, that you can try
to ignore.  Guess they've got to pay their rent too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddp8_5tXOhU

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea
does that mean that one enjoys it?