[Dixielandjazz] Dry Throat Fellows/Five

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Sun Apr 3 14:49:38 PDT 2011

I presume you meant "their early LPs," Dave.  They made two LPs as
the Dry Throat Five before adding a man and making the CD that the
Sheik likes so much.  In fact, Stomp Off still has those two DTFive
LPs available, although they won't be reissued on CD.  The DTFellows
LP was issued on LP, cassette AND CD; the CD is available from
jazzbymail.com, but you'd have to go straight to Bob Erdos of Stomp
Off for the LPs or cassette.

Sheik wrote,
My Desert Island list has a new CD, by the Dry [Throat] Fellows. I've had the
>CD for several years, but hadn't listened after the first time--just
>because I keep my non-reissue CDs in albums, and usually visit them only
>when seeking a specific tune.
>
>Well now I have it in my car and have listened a dozen time this week.
>
>A gas: G-r-e-a-t horns, good selection, mostly exciting.
>
>Worlds Records has only this CD--I'd buy more if they had 'em.
>
>--Sheik

Mike Logsdon followed up...
Make that Dry Throat Fellows.  Stomp Off, so if the album isn't
available anymore, it could very easily be available as .mp3
download, one of the greatest services the current management of
Stomp Off could do for the likes of us!

And Dave Richoux added:
I found some of their earlier CDs (when they were known as The Dry
Throat 5) and played them on my show many times - a fun band with
really good chops!

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org