[Dixielandjazz] Barbone Street Gig Alert

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 10:59:07 PDT 2010

Next Tuesday, October 5, Barbone Street had a 2 concert gig at the
famed Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square PA. It is "Senior Day" at the
Gardens.

First concert is from Noon to 1 PM.

Second Concert is from 2 to 3 PM.

Both are indoors in the Ballroom of the Conservatories Buildings. We
expect full houses at both concerts as more than 40 busloads of senior
citizens, from various retire homes  throughout the Delaware Valley
are coming.

Garden admission is $16, Seniors over 62 $14, Students 5 to 22 $6, and
children under 5 are  free. Garden admission entitles you to admission
to the concerts but does not guarantee a seat. The ballroom doors will
open a half hour prior to each concert.

For information about Longwood Gardens (one of the top arboretums in
the world) see:

http://www.longwoodgardens.org

For information about our concerts see:

http://www.longwoodgardens.org/TheBarboneStreetJazzBand.html

The band is an interesting one, putting to rest the myth that blacks
no longer play Dixieland. Of our 6 members performing at these
concerts, 3 are black. The band is:

Steve Barbone - clarinet  (pictured on the concert information site)

Paul Grant - trumpet (pictured on the concert information site)

Clarence Watson - trombone

Michael Piper - drums

Ace Tesone - double bass

Sonny Troy - amplified guitar

Come join us if you are nearby. I have 2 comp guest passes left and
will reserve them for the first 2 list mates who want to attend. email
me if interested.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

www.barbonestreet.com