[Dixielandjazz] Eddie Fisher, a bit off topic but...

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:11:50 PDT 2010

Anytime someone makes reference to the good old days of live TV, I am
always reminded of a Timex commercial that former NBC newscaster John
Cameron Swazee did during a Frank Sinatra show.

A Timex watch was affixed to the blade of an outboard motor which was
mounted
on the side of a huge clear glass water tank.

The motor was fired up and the force of the blade caused the watch to drop
off and
 sink to the bottom of the tank.

I believe that Swazee at least made a vain effort to retrieve it but his arm
wasn't
long enough.

In true "show must go on tradition" he turned to the camera and said,

"Well, If I could reach it, I would show you that Timex takes a licking and
keeps on
ticking..........and we now return you to the Frank Sinatra Show"

HC