[Dixielandjazz] Bass saxophone - was :using tuba abd upright bass

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Mon Sep 27 16:50:30 PDT 2010

As a mere listener I would like to add that one of my favorite treats at
a jazz festival is when a band like Uptown Lowdown has TWO bass saxes at
once and they start trading 8's and 4's. And when Peter Meijers joins in
and there are THREE bass saxes on stage, it's really incredible.

And my favorite song that the Nighthawks do is "Borneo", mainly because
of the bass sax.

Cheers,
Beth