[Dixielandjazz] St Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Sep 25 12:04:46 PDT 2010

Dear Bill,

Thanks for the link to the St. Gabriel's Celstial Brass Band. I enjoyed the
music, but it set me wondering.
I've enjoyed the records of The Original Zenith Brass Band for many years,
always regarding them as the epitome of New Orleans Brass Band jazz. However
their sound is quite a bit different to that of St. Gabriel's. I'm wondering
are the two styles from different parts of New Orleans or have St. Gabriel's
polished the rougher sound that I've previously regarded as authentic?

Kind Regards

Bob Smith