[Dixielandjazz] Kay Starr

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 20 14:49:38 PDT 2010

Don Ingle wrote:
>My favorite from that tme with KAy was here version of Willard Robesion's share Croper's Blues.
Wish I still had my copy - but it never made the changes of addresses accrued over 60 years
As I recal it was ona Red LAbel Capitol.<

Dear Don,
A good memory for an old bloke.
8>)

Kay Starr Acc By Dave Cavanaugh's Music. Capitol F-854.
Kay Starr (vcl) acc by Clyde Hurley (t) Clint Neagley, Jack Crowley (as) Babe Russin, Dave Cavanaugh (ts) Joe Koch (bar) Johnny Black (p) Irving Ashby (g) Billy Hadnott (b) Dick Shanahan (d)
Los Angeles. 11 September 1947
	Share Croppin' Blues
	I'm The Lonesomest Gal In Town

The great pity is that this third version by Kay Starr has, so far as I know, has only be reissued once on CD, but minus its flip side.
In 2002, 'The Definitive Kay Starr', Capitol 94080, Collector's Choice series.
Very kind regards,
Bill.