[Dixielandjazz] Kay Starr & Hillbilly Jazz

Rick rickz at usermail.com
Sun Sep 19 14:00:35 PDT 2010

Some of you know that my music (MKOM) includes OKOM, but also includes
country, and "Hillbilly Jazz"

My favorite Kay Starr tune is one she recorded with the Cliffie Stone
band in the 50''s.
The tune is "Wabash Cannonball".. the guitarist is Merle Travis,
one of my idols, and I don't know who the fine fiddler is.  (Maybe
someone can help me out.)

I just put a copy of the tune on my website and you can listen here.

http://rixwest.com/hillbilly_jazz.htm

It takes a little while to load if you don't have much bandwidth.

What do you think?

Rick