[Dixielandjazz] This past Sunday in Sacramento

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 18 08:25:21 PDT 2010

Hello everyone!  This past Sunday I had the honor of playing at the Sacramento
Traditional Jazz Society with an All-Star line up.  Rae Ann Berry was there to
document the event with her video camera and I wanted to share a couple videos
with you.  One of my favorite songs of the day was "Nobody's Sweetheart" which
Bob Ringwald sang for us...
Nobody's Sweetheart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnmPdN6tAkw

Also as a note of interest, my friend Jan Buhlert brought his National Plectrum
Guitar for me to play (A tri-cone, pear shaped model) and I played it on a
couple tunes.  You can see it here...
Avalon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPx1aj77flE

All in all it was a really fun and I couldn't get over the fact that they had
three rooms of live music going simultaneously all day.  It has to be the most
active club of this type and it's bigger then anything I've seen here in Los
Angeles.  Between Sacramento's Sunday Club, Jazz Festival, Jazz Camps and Youth
Festival, I think they are probably one of the largest and most effective Jazz
organizations around.  I'm looking forward to getting back there soon!
- Katie

ps - for more videos of the weekend and for lots of great jazz videos, visit Rae
Ann's You Tube page at:
http://www.youtube.com/sfraeann

 http://www.katiecavera.com
http://www.youtube.com/kcavera