[Dixielandjazz] Ella Fitzgerald reviewed

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Sep 8 12:39:30 PDT 2010

Ella Fitzgerald -- Best of the BBC Vaults (Voyage Digital Media V006, £17.99)
by Alison Kerr
The Scotsman, September 7, 2010

A little Ella Fitzgerald goes a long way for me but if I were a serious fan, I would
consider this new two-disc DVD-CD an absolute must-have since it comprises complete
sets she performed at the Beeb for two 1965 shows, as well as an Omnibus programme
of her at Ronnie Scott's in 1974, and a Montreux Jazz Festival set from 1977. Fingers
crossed this is the first of a series of similar releases.
Download this: Just a Sittin' and a Rockin', Here's That Rainy Day

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing
 in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle"
-- Winston Churchill