[Dixielandjazz] Sweet and Hot Festival

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Mon Sep 6 17:25:57 PDT 2010

Lois Wrote:

"Did anyone in this group besides Dan Barrett and me attend the Sweet and
Hot Festival at the LAX Marriott?  Dan played and I listened.
Sunday highlights:  Rebecca Kilgore Quartet plus 2, Tom Rigney, John
Allred-Harry Allen-John Sherican-Jennifer Leitham-Jack LeCompte set, Bob
Draga playing Louisiana Fairy Tale."

Hi, Lois...

We were there with friends for Sunday only.  Agree with all of your choices
above..have to add some more..Tim Laughlin w/ Connie Jones backed by the "A
Team"--Chris Dawson, Marty Eggers, Hal Smith, Katie Cavera, Clint
Baker---Rebecca Kilgore & group,  Bob Draga w/ an all-star group including
Ed Polcer, Chris Dawson, Putter Smith, etc...
Carl Sonny Leyland Trio (Carl, Hal & Marty) ...and it was nice to see Igor,
too, for the first time in quite a while.   Didn't get to see all, but
listened to as many as possible in our time there.

I did think the attendance was down....I was quite surprised at the empty
seats.

Jane Lynch
Janie39 at socal.rr.com
Janiemc39 at yahoo.com