[Dixielandjazz] IT'S WHAT I REFER TO AS A COINKADINK

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:51:16 PDT 2010

After making my cornball reference to Haillie Selassie, I searched out Herb
Jeffires on Wikipedia

It turns out that he was born in Detroit, MI in 1913 as Herb Jeffrey of
Ethiopian-French Canadian descent on his father's side and Italian-Irish on
his mother's.

Because he was the first black to make western movies, he earned the title
of "The Bronze Buckaroo" and recorded an album of Nashville songs in 1995.on
the Warner Brothers label

For the benefit of a few others who have offered their input, to whom I
extend my thanx, it has been determined that  Herb was no relation to white
songstress Fran Jeffries, the former Mrs. Dick Haymes...

HC

--
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he
hears a different drummer.  Let him step to