[Dixielandjazz] Israeli friends of mine visiting New Orleans

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Wed Sep 1 14:00:32 PDT 2010

Shalom Jazz Fans,

I've been quiet lately because I've been very busy. I guess that's good.

This month 2 young friends of mine from Israel are coming to visit New
Orleans. One is a drummer with the New Orleans Function Dixieland Band, a
band of young Israelis who do a wonderful job of executing the classic trad
repertoire. He will be in NO Sept 20-24.

The other one is a talented swing dancer, part of a vibrant and growing
swing dance scene among young people in Israel, mostly in Tel Aviv, but
beginning to spread to Jerusalem. He will be arriving around 28 Sept for
several days.

Can any of our New Orleans listmates tell me what is going on at those times
in the trad scene? Can you point me in any particular direction as to
current information for touring in the French Quarter, as well as any bands,
shows, good venues, jam sessions, or sit in possibilities that might be
happening while they are there?

Elazar
Doctor Jazz Dixieland Band
Jerusalem, Israel