[Dixielandjazz] FW: Lasting vs Quality

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Oct 16 02:30:48 PDT 2010

Not sure about the Subject title of this thread?  If it is "lasting", than
it must have some type of "quality" to it.

Marek wrote:
>As to the Beatles, the question is WHO listens to their music nowadays.  Is
there a young generation of listeners, or is it the people who grew up with
them?

My wife, Marek, is a teacher in a Primary school in Madrid with 41
nationalities represented amongst the kids...a fairly good census.  They ALL
know & recognized the most well-known Beatle songs.

Marek continues:
>As far as I know, the only R'n'R star who may be said to have withstood the
test of time is Elvis Presley (I am NOT among his fans, although I am the
right generation for it).

One need not need to be a fan, but it is good to have your ears open to all
types of music.  Helps to enjoy more your elected favorite style better.
You should add the Rolling Stones & Pink Floyd to your list of those that
have withstood the test of time.  Young kids today discover them in their
teens.

Jim Kash
P.s.  Just finished mastering 10 songs of Very Heavy Metal music for an
American band.  My motto:  if it's played well & is a serious undertaking,
then it is good music.  That's different from being My Kind of Music!  A
little like wine, Marek....you can enjoy a bottle of wine, but it may not be
Your Kind of Wine!   :>