[Dixielandjazz] Lasting vs Quality

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:52:45 PDT 2010

Bob opined:
When I started playing Dixieland, Trad Jazz or Classic Jazz, the "Roaring 20s" were only 28 years before. And gawd help me, The Beatles hits are actually 48 years old -- Who'd of thunk that music would have lasted 48 years?
Good music is good music.  People thought Beethoven was crap.  Then Berlioz.  Then Wagner.  Then Brahms.  Then Debussy.  Then Joplin.  Then Oliver.  Then Sinatra.  Then Presley.  Then The Beatles.  Then The Who.  Then Led Zepplin, Hendrix, Joplin.  Then Disco (well...). etc etc etc

If it's good, it'll last despite closed minds.