[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: For trombone players

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Wed Oct 13 10:36:05 PDT 2010

Hey! That video is incredible. It is an obvious
LIVE overdub, no computer.
As an arranger and computer - midi - mp3 - sequencer - notation
user I always am confused by the term "computer generated."
If I use a mouse or a keyboard (Yamaha) or any other device
for recording whether on a computer or a tape I am still generating
the music. If I am storing it and perhaps manipulating the sound using
electronics I am still generating the result. This brings up another topic
which I will save for another time. I have to finish generating a record
copy of "Black Magic, Louis Prima" by 7:00pm tonight.
If anyone requests it I'll send off list a midi of "four brothers" created
perhaps ten years ago. It was PLAYED in real time but one track
at a time.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com