[Dixielandjazz] 1812 ain't OKOM!

Paul Edgerton paul.edgerton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 11:58:34 PDT 2010

You might be thinking of the amazing Dave Gannett, who was (among his many
careers) an ordnance expert based at Redstone. In his Blackdog days, he
often ended sets with an impressive flameout. Of course, being an expert, he
made this other guy look like a total newb.

All theatrics aside, Dave is technically and musically the finest tubist
I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. Where are you now, Dave?

-- Paul