[Dixielandjazz] For Sale: GREAT Dixieland Horn

Steve Marcus semarcus1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 11:22:10 PDT 2010

For Sale: Conn 20J BBb 6/4 tuba (recording bass) with original 24” forward bell, lacquer finish, 7.5” collar.  Short-stroke valves work well.  Numerous small dents*, but the tuba plays and sounds fantastic with the big Conn full-throated bass.  INCLUDES ORIGINAL CONN 2-PIECE HARD CASE with velour lining and mouthpiece compartment in very good condition.  Pick it up and go!

This is a wonderful tuba for playing on Dixieland, trad jazz, or ethnic gigs, etc.  It's easy to play, so it's ideal for a novice player to produce a great sound and feel confident in an ensemble.

Tuba is located in the Chicago area.  Photos available for email.  I’m selling it because another horn that I’ve acquired serves the same functions as the 20J.  $845 OBO + shipping.

Steve Marcus
semarcus1 at yahoo.com
smarcus at steinwaychicago.com

*but in CONSIDERABLY better condition than the 20J sold recently without any case on the 'Bay for $445

Steve Marcus
http://home.comcast.net/~stevenmarcus/site/
PLEASE SEND YOUR E-MAILS AND REPLIES TO BOTH E-MAIL ADDRESSES:
semarcus1 at yahoo.com
smarcus at steinwaychicago.com
Cell: 224-578-2987
Sales Associate at Steinway of Chicago: 630-512-8830