[Dixielandjazz] Miff Mole

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Nov 30 16:04:07 PST 2010

Speaking of bringing "something new to the party in jazz,

"Delirium", and, especially "Imagination" bring new sounds to 20s jazz.

And get a load of Jimmy Dorsey's Alto sax on several Chasers tracks--eg
the intro on "After you've gone". He sure has a nice alto sound that's a
lot easier listening than many alto players.

FYI I transcribed "Imagination" (Molers record) for my "Dixieland Fake
Book, Vol. 2". That was before I heard the Chasers record.

--Sheik