[Dixielandjazz] Monty Sunshine RIP

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 13:36:44 PST 2010

Hi Dingo et al,

Dingo wrote;
Just received news Monty died at lunchtime today, 30/11/10, aged 82

Sorry to hear about this. I met him at Sacramento years ago when he had Geoff Downes in the band and I was there with Fat Sam. Geoff and I became good pals and through him I got to know Monty, who was a fund of interesting stories about the early days of the British Trad Revival, as well as an accomplished mickey-taker.. That's another of our "elder statesmen" of jazz gone. Sad loss.

Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk