[Dixielandjazz] Davenport Blues, with Scott Hamilton

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Nov 14 23:52:53 PST 2010

Sorry, Bert -

Too much stuff going on in that arrangement - Davenport is a simple
Blues IMO - the earlier, cleaner versions work on this tune.

Have you heard the slower version done by Len Barnard's Famous Jazz
Band? I don't know if that track is still available but I have it on
his 1973 Swaggie recording "Take Me To the Circus."  It is one of my
favorites!

Maybe available on a reissue Swaggie CD called "Brothers in Jazz" with
Bob and Len Barnard, but maybe it is not currently in print.

Dave Richoux