[Dixielandjazz] doomsday - phooey!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat May 29 12:54:31 PDT 2010

Well, Jim,
It's great to have kids play so well - but it's not the American
experience.  Here, even if we walk into the Shablul (Snail) club on a
Dixieland evening, we always see some young people in the public - and
it is not a dancing place.  I assume that the same people turn up
there for modern sounds.
But there is one thing: some places, like the Jaffa Music Centre, for
example, coach young bands, and employ OKOM players - in the case of
Jaffa - the leader of Isradixie Avraham Felder (Agashkin), who teach
the kids to play Dixieland as well as big band music, and to swing!
Apparently, in America it is different.

Cheers