[Dixielandjazz] Playing for young audiences

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 07:06:43 PDT 2010

Another wonderful benefit that derives from playing before young
audiences is that they ask you to play at their weddings.

Examples:  In July we are doing a wedding gig for a lovely young
couple who heard us play at a concert in a public park 2 summers ago.

In August we are doing a 4 hour swing dance wedding gig,for a couple
who met through swing dancing and heard us play at several dance
venues. Their wedding? 300 guests, mostly young swing dancers. Held at
one of the few remaining ballrooms in Philadelphia.

What could be better than netting in 4 hours, close to home, more
money and satisfaction than we would get from playing at a 3 day OKOM
festival 2500 miles away from home with all the travel hassles etc.?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband