[Dixielandjazz] Talking of Dutch street bands [was the OhnO Jazz Band]

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu May 27 01:54:40 PDT 2010

A very spirited Dutch street band I saw in Holland a couple of times around
1996 was the Consolidated Swab Orchestra. I think the band included some
medical students and might have been based out of Bergen op Zoom in the
south of the country. I have one of their CDs but which is not to hand at
the moment to give any numbers. The Tarentella (sp?) was one of their most
cheered numbers. They had an excellent trumpet man [Michael Verkamp ?] who a
year or so later joined the DSCB altho' I think his stay was short.  A quick
look on the web gained no hits to a website, so could be they are now
defunct.
~~
John D