[Dixielandjazz] Humility

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Wed May 26 07:52:06 PDT 2010

  . . .so there I was last night  playing on a corner of the stage with
quartet at a very fancy affair for 200 people seated at tables on stage
who had each paid $500 to be wined and dined on some of the finest
cusine to be had when the organizer/head honcho walked over during a
minor pause in the music and said, "Please keep the music going" .  . .
.. and now the punch (literally) line:  "It drowns out the kitchen
noise".  And thusly I found out the true purpose of our being
there..... which was serving as white noise while food was being
served.  Ah, the humility of it all.

Wheaties (American);  Cheerio (British),
Bill

Two email tags:
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.
Save the Earth . . .It's the only planet with chocolate.