[Dixielandjazz] Sandy Brown with The Old Timers

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri May 21 12:12:09 PDT 2010

On 21 May 2010 01:51, Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Marek Boym wrote:
>> I have an LP of Sandy Brown playing with the Polish Old Timers
>> recorded at the 1968 Jazz Jamboree in Warsaw.
>> I bel;ieve that Brown does not play on all numbers.
>> Has anybody any idea on waht tracks he does pkay?
>
> Dear Marek,
> I do not have the Muza XL0501 LP, but my files show that he is on the following tunes from the 18 October 1968 Warsaw concert:
>        Doctor Jazz
>        The Preacher
>        Bill Bailey
>        Struttin' With Some Barbecue
>
> He also recorded the following title with The Old Timers on 21 October on another LP (Muza XL0511)
>        BM Rag
>        In The Evening

This is the one I have.  I thought I heard Brown on BM, and In the
Evening (I was surprised it was "traditional" - I thought Brown wrote
it!).
As I could not discern his playing on any of the other numbers, I
decided to enquire of the list.  I did not kow there was another LP -
the liner notes only mention Brown's playing with the band at the Jazz
Jamboree on 17-19/10/68).  BTW, my copy must have been meant for the
German market, because the notes are in Polish and German, while on
all the other volumes of the Polish Jazz series I have they are in
Polish and English.
Cheers