[Dixielandjazz] REPLY on Outlet for European Traditional Jazz CDs

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 10:37:13 PDT 2010

I tried to get our CDs on ITunes, but they also didn't accept our band. It would only be possible if I found a company that was willing to do it for me.
So I tried several of the companies they suggested... answer : NO!
One gets tired of these things..... Having a band that in several years played more then 200 gigs a year and sells some 600 CDs per year, still labels are not interested.Am I insane, or are they???

By the way, for Bob Kaper CDs (Dutch Swing College Band) try their website :
http://www.dscband.nl/index2.php?l=uk
Several of their older CDs can be ordered at http://www.bol.com/nl/index.html
I don't know if they ship international.

At the DSC-band 65 years jubilee concert they sold 200 CDs.
The Dixieland Crackerjacks also sold 20 on that evening.

Kind regards,

Bert Brandsma
www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com
  Yes, the major problems are (1) the  high cost of postage today, (2) the problems of dealing with customs forms, etc,  and (3) paying for the album.     One way to avoid those problems is to  sell CDs via downloading from a Web site, using PayPal.  The seller could have downloadable artwork for a CD booklet, which the  buyer could trim to size and insert in the CD jewel box.  The buyer  wouldn't have a nice CD label for his downloaded album, but the advantages  outweigh the limitations.     Just because we like old-time music  doesn't mean we have to be stuck with old-time ways of buying and selling  music.                                                                 Al   B