[Dixielandjazz] This Can't Be Love ~ Imagination

FLECKNELL RICHARD richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri May 14 13:20:34 PDT 2010

Good Evening Steve & Marek,

I'm in agreement with you Steve on tune selection being down to the
imagination (and skill of course) of the band.
Sonny Rollins (probaby not to most on list OKOM) proved you can play
anything and make it sound great.

Marek here's a link to a well known performance of This Can't Be Love ...
awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_x2RPij-4

If I Were A Bell was recorded by the Dukes Of Dixieland and very well too
(with a guitarist! - guess who?).

Lastly the Anachronic Jazz Band proved, to me for one, that you can play the
modern jazz standards too.

Richard