[Dixielandjazz] St. James Infirmary by Louis Armstrong

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 8 02:30:13 PDT 2010

Hans en Corrie wrote:
> This month, 80 years ago, Ellington recorded St. James Infirmary for a Hit
> of the Week recording. I commemorated this fact in the latest
> http://hitoftheweek.blogspot.com. I posted a great version of this song by
> Louis Armstrong - can someone inform me when this was recorded?

Dear Hans,

Louis Armstrong And The All Stars:
Louis Armstrong (t/vcl) Trummy Young (tb) Peanuts Hucko (cl) Billy Kyle (p) Mort Herbert (sb) Danny Barcelona (d)
Los Angeles, September 30/October 1-2, 1959.
It was recorded by Audio Fidelity.
I have had it on LP for many years.
A wonderful rendition.
There is an alternative version from this session on a Chiaroscuro CD.
That I do not have.
Very kind regards,
Bill.