[Dixielandjazz] JUST RELEASED! The Fabulous George Lewis Band - the Inside Story

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 6 15:17:55 PDT 2010

Dear friends,
The following information has just been received from my dear ex-Aussie mate in New Orleans, Geoff Gilbert.
Geoff is/was a DJML lurker, and I'm surprised that he has been a little shy regarding his relatively new website.
A good one too, for those interested in what is happening regarding New Orleans, its music, events, CDs and the  like.

Begin forwarded message from Geoff:
> I'm really excited to announce the release of the Book and CD "The Fabulous George Lewis Band - the Inside Story" by Barry Martyn and Nick Gagliano.
> Nick managed the band in the late forties and early fifties in New Orleans and the dialogue between them gives a fascinating insight set against the back of segregation.
> Wonderful photographs and a bonus CD of unique and previously unissued tracks by George!
> You can buy the book and CD online at our Music store - Page 5.
> Go to www.geoeffgilbertsneworleansjazz.com

While at Geoff's site, I suggest you check out the excellent 'Burgundy Street' film and the 'Mardi Gras and The Saints Superbowl' video.
Very kind regards,
Bill.