[Dixielandjazz] Question: "Naked Gun" film

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 11:12:01 PDT 2010

I have the film on DVD (All 3 episodes), but the ragtime part is not mentioned in the liner notes.
It's lovely music though. There is also drums added to the piano. At least snare drum, bass drum and high hat. There are player pianos that can do that, but it sounds like a real drummer here.Espessially since there are two crash cymbals included, that play in time with the music, but also in time of Leslie Nielsen dropping precious vases.
Kind regards,

Bert Brandsma
www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com

I tend to agree with Bill on this one - Randy Waldman lists Naked Gun in his credits in this article:http://www.jazzpilot.com/bio.html  but that is not confirmed on iMdb.comI have not seen the movie, but I think this is a picture of him: http://tinyurl.com/2ds2lsz(It is a common name...)  No help on the song title, but he is on Facebook and it is easy to contact him there.Dave RIchouxOn May 6, 2010, at 2:57 AM, Bill Haesler wrote:[Verberg aangehaalde tekst]Robert Ringwald asked on behalf of a friend:In the 1988 Leslie Nielson comedy Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!There's a ragtime or stride-style piano audio track  playing visually from a playerpiano. Very uptempo, infectious. It happens briefly in two scenes, both where Nielsonis rifling the bad guy's office.Does anyone know the title, composer and performer? And is it available on record?Dear Bob,After a lot of searching the research finger keeps pointing to pianist Randy Waldman.The music arranger for the film was by Ira Newborn.Super-slueth Dave Richoux should be able to build on this.8>)There was a soundtrack CD, planned/released in the 90s but I do not have details.Very kind regards,Bill._______________________________________________