[Dixielandjazz] WITH RESPECT TO NAT

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:16:43 PDT 2010

I regret that I cannot recall which one of my fellow DJML subscribers put me
wise about a week and a half ago as to Oscar Peterson's singing abilities
and the fact that he recorded an album in tribute to Nat "King" Cole.

However, I received the LP in this morning's mail (in mint condition) and
just finished playing it.  Oscar's vocals were excellent as well as the
arrangements by Manny Albam.  If I had one regret, I would have to say that
the selections did not include "Frim Fram Sauce" but we can't have
everything.

So, whoever you might have been, this is my way of just dropping a note of
appreciation for enlightening me.

HC

--
Music you grew up listening to