[Dixielandjazz] Tom Baker - a genius in Jazz

Michael Thomason aussiemike at mac.com
Tue Mar 30 10:06:56 PDT 2010

G'day Listees,
Tom Baker was born in California (I'm not sure where)
and was one of the best multi-instrumentalists I ever met.

He was prominent on the jazz scene in Australia having moved there
sometime in the '80's.

I first met him at the Australian Jazz Convention in Adelaide in 1993.
A true gentleman, and a great loss to jazz worldwide.

I still listen to some of the recordings that he made with Simon Stribling (son of Neville
who played with Graeme Bell in the 1950's) and others in Australia.

A great loss to Jazz worldwide.
Mike Thomason