[Dixielandjazz] OzOd ~ Along The Road ...

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 26 17:21:39 PDT 2010

Thanks Jack,

didn't have the time to check so relied on Aussie website (hence the brackets).
Have my Jepsen book on my lap ~ Len Barnard & his South City Stompers I see.

Now have heard Bob B play 1919 March in 1952 with Len's band. He was quite a player at an early age.  Louis Hot Five style comes to mind. In the Traditional Jazz world of that time he would give anyone a run for their money on that evidence.

Now I've been searching for best Oz recordings and a few OzSites mention Naked Dance ~ Len Barnard's Band.

What do you think? (and your partner in crime Bill).

Also been listening to Basin Street Blues ~ Ray Price in charge (can't right now remember the podcast) with Ken Flannery trumpet early 60s. Smoother sound than the mp3 you sent.

Heard Steve Waddell's band  playing The Wombat ~ like it.  I'll assume, unless told otherwise, it's about the animal. How old was the Wombat? Got ya!

My Jepsen's Jack ~ the one that should list the Pix All Stars, doesn't. Did they get issued under somebody's name?  I found some Pix records but Graeme Bell led.

Richard  ... I spy that Bill has made some records too. That washboard, has he a permit.