[Dixielandjazz] OzOd Log ~ Barnard's ~ Margie ~ OzBolden

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 26 08:57:51 PDT 2010

Latest in Oz search for those Auggie Nuggets.

Bob Barnard started recording aged 18 yrs! (so I read).

Bob Barnard's Allfrey Street Stompers 1952 with Warwick Dyer on piano.

Warwick's Dyer daughter Margie Lou Dyer currently sings and plays alongside her husband Allan Browne. Margie has a MySpace page. Pick pics, then tagged photos and you can read the album notes from Allfrey Street.
Allan Browne states the original recordings are among his favourites.

Now, how to trace them ~ Jack Bill hmmmmm ....

Tracks I found and enjoyed are - Lazy Ade playing My Buddy, Frisco Joe's Band rattling Silver Bell (2 trumpets and it's Graeme Bell's band), and an OzBolden project track featuring Geoff Bull on Ride On King Jesus (Buddy Bolden Revival Orch).  Jazzology Au Podcasts 114, 100, and 109 respectively.

Read about the OzBolden Band

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/Bolden-orchestra.html

or just google The Buddy Bolden  Revival Orchestra.

Richard Capt of OzOd
I'm hanging around longer than an England Opener!